Thursday, February 13, 2020

9A-Testing the Hypothesis Part 2

Who: After conducting another five interviews and searching for prototypical customers that fall outside the boundaries of my product, I have discovered that this would not apply to people that use the time doing laundry to their advantage and stay in the area and those that do not have modern or typical mobile devices at their disposal. This does not, however, create a huge rift as the vast majority of people do not fall within this outside boundary category. For these sets of people I cannot at this time foresee a potential remedy to this as these people are already at a disadvantage with other aspects of the modern social-technological age. Despite this, the first group may be willing to assimilate as time proves the product to be more useful.

What: In these instances, there is less of a need, but rather a lack of a desire to have a need on the subject matter. For these people, the extra time not focused on laundry allows for them to direct their attention elsewhere. The other group has an extenuating need that may fall outside of my control unless a tag-a-long product is established to use in place of the mobile device.

Why: I believe that differences in priorities cater to the group who use the time to their advantage by remaining in the area. As far as the other group, I believe that this may be more of a socioeconomic issue, or perhaps a lifestyle choice

              Inside the Boundary                                                          Outside the Boundary

Who: People who value their time and desire                       Who: People who do not have the        
          efficiency when timing their laundry.                                     tech. or desire.
                                                                                   

What: An application to send notification and status           What: Lack desire or tech. but make do.
            updates.                                                               

Why: Students are forced to guess of inefficiently time       Why: Socioeconomic factors or lifestyle
           their laundry.                                                                          choices dictate.
          

2 comments:

  1. Hey Brandon,
    I agree with you that the people being outside of the boundary doesn’t cause too big of a problem for your product. This is because I rarely find myself not with my phone on me or near me to where I could use the app. I feel as if this app would help people that like to stay in the area while doing laundry because the app can still help them plan out what they’re going to do. Overall, I liked reading about these outsiders that you have found for your product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brandon,
    I think your app is a great idea. I also think that there are not a lot of people outside the boundary because everyone has to do laundry at some point. So, your idea speaks to almost everyone, and students that are in college and have to their laundry for the first time might not have too much experience while doing laundry.

    ReplyDelete