Thursday, March 12, 2020

15A: Figuring Out Buyer Behavior No. 2

For my interviews I chose again a current student as well as two recent graduates that live off campus.The interviews proved that price was the largest factor in determining whether or not to purchase the product. Quality is also important, yet can be less important depending on price. The purchase will most likely be made electronically. The righteousness of the product is largely determined by the cost in consideration to the effectiveness of the product. If the product is not costly and remains effective then it will certainly be a good idea in the eyes of the customer. A bad purchase will have a high price and/or low return on investment.

Conclusion: All three interviewees, though different in backgrounds, gave relatively similar answers. The second interviewee was unique in that she believed that a well-made product will also be one that gives the appears of the being the highest quality, not necessarily the most effective. With this, I believe that a more user-friendly look is the way to go with this service. With this, I do not believe that there will be an issue as the price of the service should be relatively low, but I will certainly consider constructing a more appealing product to further reach the target audience.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Brandon,
    I really felt the points from the people you interviewed. I definitely agree with the point of the quality . The quality is maybe one of the most important criteria . I think if a product doesn’t has a good quality it almost has no chances to be great . The quality is something that a product needs to have just because the seller must provide a good and working product in my opinion .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brandon,
    I believe that in most cases people's buying decisions will be based on price as the determining factor for purchase. So just like in my case when making a purchase, the price was the largest influencer in the purchase process. I agree with you that the righteousness of the purchase of that product will be determined based on price compared to the effectiveness of that product. I enjoyed reading and gaining more insight into the segment that you interviewed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Brandon,
    I also think that price is one of the biggest traits of a product because people care so much about money. Following that the quality is usually correlating to the price so people have expectations if the price is a little bit high. Quality will also have an effect on people because they will review it in a positive or even negative manner which will effect people buying the product. Anyways good job explaining the information about price and quality from your interviews.

    ReplyDelete