Thursday, March 19, 2020

18A - Create a Custom Avatar

My avatar depicts the ideal customer for my service. He is a low maintenance, academically hard working, but overall lazy college student who wishes to efficiently manage his time. His hobbies include going to midtown, going to downtown, and white water rafting. He drives a black 2014 Chevy Cruze. In his free time he prefers to watch South Park over Lego Ninjago if he has the choice. Children are not his favorite. He doesn't know why, but people can take a few guesses. His favorite books are War and Peace, and the Art of War. Politically he is ambiguous, but he claims he would not vote for Trump when he is around his liberal friends. Although he is only 20, he feels more in touch with 80 year olds. He is cool, but sometimes he is not.

I really loved creating this avatar because he and I are nearly identical. As a  college student with the same car I feel that we already have a fairly solid ground base. From there, I plan on expanding those commonalities until I am the avatar. This is especially important to understand the mind of my customer. The customer is always right.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Brandon,
    This service for the customer that you identified is a great match because there is nothing more than a lazy college student wants more is to save time. I know that I can be lazy at times as well so I have some things in common with your customer, like watching South Park and being a hard worker. It’s great that you have a lot in common with the customer because then you’ll be more in touch with them. Then if their needs change you will be able to adjust to your market segment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brandon,
    I think your avatar is really cool, and the best thing about it is that it really reminds me of a lot of college students. Also a very important point you mentioned is that the costumer is always right . I agree with you because as an entrepreneur you always have to look for the customers need because at the end of the day, he is the one who buys your products and makes your work worth it .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandon,
    Your avatar is very unique and not someone that I can say I have met. There are some qualities that I see in a lot of college students but when you got to the part where they feel in touch with 80 year olds, you lost me. Most college students wouldn't be able to live without technology so I find it hard to believe that they would think of themselves as an "old soul". However, I do find your avatar very interesting and hope it fits your customer profile.

    ReplyDelete