Thursday, March 26, 2020

20A – Growing Your Social Capital

1: The first person I interviewed is a UF service person (John Koshank) who is familiar with the laundry machines in campus. I found this person by actively going to the dormitories and seeking out this person specifically. The favor that this person did for me was share insight into the school's laundry services free of charge. Including this person into my network allowed for me to have valuable outreach into the specific market aspects that I will eventually need to understand to grow my service.

2: The second person I interviewed works for Bed Bath and Beyond in managing as an expert market supplier, Mr. David Aldrich. I found this person by going to Bed Bath and Beyond stores near my area until one person was willing to speak with me for a moment. The favor that this person did for me was share insight into the way the supply chain system is set up in order to deliver and maintain proper laundry products also free of charge. Including this person into my network allowed for me to better understand laundry supply systems and how to better my product with more proper answers to specific questions my market may have.

3. The third person I interviewed is a Moocho application representative, Julian Rodriguez as an expert in being in the market.  I found him at the corner of Chipotle. The favor that this person did for me was share insight into the service application industry in exchange for me using his application. Including this person into my network allowed for me to be more prepared in my marketing approach for future networking events.

Reflection: This experience shaped my ability to participate in future networking events for the better in that I now understand varying aspects of the industry that I had not before. This was different from my past networking experiences because I have a specific goal in attempting to grow my network.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Brandon,
    You interviewed three very interesting persons with great references. I think you can learn a lot from those persons, especially with regard of your own business and some of the problems you will have to solve in the future. I think advice from people is always important, and maybe you are able to use those new contacts you made in the future as an entrepreneur.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brandon,
    I think the first person that you interviewed gave you a great insight into what you will need to learn more about, especially with the college students’ laundry services. The other two people that you contacted were fascinating as well. I think that having them will allow you to have your product on the market even faster. I agree with you that all of these interviews we conducted will help us with knowing our industry better. This post was enjoyable to read and understandable, so good work on these interviews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandon,
    I love how all your interviews are super different from each other and it seems like you got a wide range of information from all of them. I agree with you that this experience was different than past ones because of the specific goal we had while speaking to these experts. We wanted to know more about their job and how it could relate to our product instead of speaking to people who be the market we are selling to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I loved the idea of you seeking out the service person on your own and actually finding him. The other two people you got for networking advice were really good as well. I'm glad this networking helped you figure out new information about your industry.I also agree that because we had specific goals it was easier to network and more comfortable.

    ReplyDelete