Thursday, April 16, 2020

27A – Reading Reflection No. 3

The book that I have chosen is How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big by Scott Adams.

1. This was by far the most fascinating book that I have picked up in this wonderful class. It discusses the life and liberties of one Scott Adams. He details the fame, the fortune, the methods, and the success. By far the most valuable asset to this novel was the myriad of lifelong lessons that he hath bestowed unto us. So take heed to your time, and maximize your efficiency.

2. I particularly enjoyed this novel for its deep connection to the current lessons in the class. With the knowledge blessed unto us by Scott Adams, I have seen the truth behind my failures and I have learned to grow and always fail correctly - by succeeding.

3. An exercise possibility that would work tremendously in this class was advised to me by a dear colleague and I had to continue his words of wisdom so that I too may potentially facilitate its practice! I would have a student list future goals and then logically break down how to accomplish these goals! Success is inevitable!

4. Scott Adams is a card. He tells us not to focus on goals. What do we focus on? How do we achieve? But now I know you have to create a system. You have to prepare. You have to conquer your enemies. Divide. Conquer. Multiply. Add. Subtract. Quantify.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Brandon, this was a good read, as I also read this book this semester! I think I have to agree with you, probably my favorite read from the course. Basically, trying as many new things as possible and being realistic about outcomes and developments from these experiences is the main method he preaches to be successful. It is a great message, and it is a well written book overall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brandon,
    The book you picked sounds great. I can feel how much you enjoyed this exercise. Your feedback for the book and especially the connection to this great class is really heartwarming. I'm happy that you learned how to plan and how to create a system, but I think that you also might’ve learned a lot through the 28 posts and the 28 great jobs you did so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandon,
    The booked you chose sounds really interesting and I wish I had picked this book to read as well. You seem very invested and interested which is always good to hear. I like the assignment idea that you came up with and wish that we had done something similar in this class. The book seems like it had a great message and that you connected with it well so great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Brandon,
    I read this for my second reading reflection assignment and this book was great and it correlates well with this course and specifically assignment 26 about failure. I agree with you completely because this book was an amazing read and has taught me amazing lessons to help me succeed more in life. I like your exercise that you have decided to carry on from your colleague. This exercise helps people set and accomplish long-term goals better.

    ReplyDelete