Friday, February 7, 2020
8A: Solving the Problem
The opportunity that I have selected is a mobile application that ascertains a washing machine or drying machine's finishing time and creates a system to inform the user of the status and thus send notifications as to the completion of the laundry. For this endeavor I have chosen to create a subscription service that is incentivized by use that works to pay for the laundry machines after a certain amount of uses of the application. With the subscription service, not only is the commitment to the product less anxiety-ridden, but also allows for an easy payment system so that students at universities may cut time costs on doing the mundane task of laundry. The application itself will host a number of features including a status update of the laundry, the finalized time for the which the laundry is complete, and a notification system that sends out alerts to the user in order to ensure that said user knows when their laundry is done. Perhaps further technological advancement will allow for newer features such as indications of laundry errors, and detailed descriptions of how to properly take care of the specific laundry entered into the machine. With this, I believe that this will become a solid product that will be equally as successful as it is desirable in the market. Not only this, but in time the application should grow with technology instead of staying behind it and build on the progressive nature of things, serving us in the process.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Brandon,
ReplyDeleteToday, I just did my laundry and had exactly the problem you mentioned and tried to solve. It really annoys me to forget about the dryer or washing machine, and then it's already late or I have no time because I need to go to class or practice again. I think your system would definitely help a lot of students out there who just start to do their own laundry and easily forget it.
Hey Brandon,
ReplyDeleteThe app solution to the laundry problem you are trying to capitalize on is an intelligent idea, as you are right this will make doing laundry better than normal with the included offered incentives. I agree with you that this will help out a lot with laundry especially with students. In my personal experience, the worst part about laundry other than folding it is actually when you don’t know when it will get done. I ran into this problem with when you are cooking, and when I happened to procrastinate homework. The app, in my opinion, after solving the laundry problem it could be applied to other problems as well.
Brandon,
ReplyDeleteI love your idea of this because every time I do my laundry I always forget the time I put my clothes in. I end up losing track of time and leaving my wet clothes in there for a long period of time. With this idea it will alert me and I think it is a great progression in this new age of technology. Especially for those who do not have laundry units inside their home.