Thursday, April 2, 2020
21A - Reading Reflection No. 2
I read "The Art of Social Media: Power Tips for Power Users" by Guy Kawasaki. What I found to be riveting was his choice to mainly focus on the importance of social media in relation to business. This confirms my preexisting concepts about social media presence and its heavy influence on business success. In this fashion, putting all of your best assets forward will prove to be beneficial in the long run. The book truly encapsulates this concept, even going so far as to improve my overall conceptions about strategies and business concepts demonstrated through this class. A potential idea for a class-related exercise would be to have the students create a social media page and pitch said business in order to use the same strategies and practices presented in the book. This way you can surely grow you business in real time and see real-world results. Lastly, the biggest moment of clarity I had in the book was the idea that all aspects of life connect and that although social media appears to be a casual aspect of life, it also has professional application as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Brandon,
ReplyDeleteI agree that social media presence is very important as a business. Social media is definitely the leading communication tool in this world. Things can blow up so fast and can get attention over night. I think to have a good social media can be a guarantee for a working business because everything nowadays gets compared, ,and a better social media could be one reason for a company or anyone to work with you instead of a different company who’s social media is bad.
Hey Brandon,
ReplyDeleteI agree with the book and your thoughts that social media has a very big impact and influence on a business’s success. I believe that as the world becomes more technology-dependent then more businesses will go away from regular marketing to online marketing using social media a lot. As I read your post it is like I read the book as well, and I think this book was a great choice to read and learn more about the power of social media.
Brandon,
ReplyDeleteI agree that a businesses social media presence is one of the first things that customers look at when looking to buy a product. I know for myself that if I see an Instagram Ad, I go to their page and see what their company is about and to see if the company is legit and trustworthy. People love to complain and tell the company what they are doing wrong so going to their page helps me see what people are saying about this product without having to go to their website and read reviews there.