Thursday, April 16, 2020

26A – Celebrating Failure

1. This semester I have failed harder than I have ever before. In honor of the great Kobe Bryant, I have been determined to make the classic "Kobe" shot of trash into my kitchen garbage can every day on the first try. Unfortunately (due to human error, gravity, and corona virus) I have failed greatly on this mission. In fact, on nearly all attempts except for the very last one, I have missed, sending my garbage tumbling onto the floor, leaving great heaping trails of the thickest lasagna this side of the Mississippi to clump in a decimated pile on the cold and barren tile floor.

2. From this tremendously unfortunate circumstance, I have learned perseverance and determination that has culminated to ultimately aid in my quest to become a leader and a positive character in my community. I have triumphed.

3. Failure...is easy. Success...is difficult. I now know that through my trials and tribulations we will overcome. I have handled failure in every way conceivable until there was no other possible means of failure except for success. This class has changed my perspective on failure. I am more likely to take that risk that I was hesitant to take a few months ago. The only way I know how to fail is by succeeding.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Brandon,
    I'm pretty sure that Kobe Bryant also missed a lot of shots before he became an NBA star. i'm pretty sure that you know this video where he talks about the amount of practice he had in one day. This videos is the best proof that nothing is given, everything is earned. I think that when you just practice and work a lot, everything will pay off and you will succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandon,
    I find your failure to make those shots to be very entertaining. I am not sure if this is a serious failure or one that seemed interesting to talk about. Though I do agree that this could have taught you to keep pushing through and to keep trying no matter how many times you fail. I am also glad that this class has pushed you to take risks and to try things that seem scary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Brandon,
    Kobe Bryant will always be a legend and I like the challenge that you attempted in honor of Kobe. I believe that attempting things in your life and failing at them, you learn valuable life lessons from these failed experiences. I agree with you from going through a failure in life you do learn to persevere better, like I did when I went through my failure. It made me a better person just like it did for you, so good job learning and becoming better from it.

    ReplyDelete