OPPORTUNITY
The product that I am offering with this venture is an application
service that provides a more efficient way to save customers
time when doing laundry duties around campus. With my product, people
will be able to have a productive way to perform their laundry duties
through incentivization tactics of offering a point based system for use
that users accrue and eventually use for free laundry. This also
include status updates to laundry cycles as well as any errors. The
forces changing this opportunity are the laundry vendors and the
institutions like universities for which they are held. Customers are
satisfying this need currently with stopwatch applications on mobile
devices. They are loyal to their product yet can be enticed with a
better, more efficient product. This opportunity is potentially massive
if properly capitalized on. This window of opportunity will be open for
another 5 years until all laundry machines are integrated with more
advanced software.
INNOVATION
My application service will give users the critical power of
being able to check the status of laundry on university campuses and
potentially worldwide. Not only this, but there will a point-based
system that incentivizes uses by the user. In this fashion, using the
product will pay for itself and save customers the most valuable asset,
time. I plan to offer the application on a free basis with a premium of
$5 a month to use.
VENTURE CONCEPT
The opportunity that I have focused on is the unfortunate byproduct
of using university laundry machines for which there is no advanced
system in place to alert a user of its laundry status. My service will
save the user time and subsequently money with its incentivization
aspect. The users will switch to this product because of this. Virility
of the product will ensure that it becomes a paramount aspect of student
culture. There appear to be no competitors in sight, with the only
weakness being gatekeepers. Price points are fairly reasonable and
customer experience will vary depending on laundry usage. I would
organize this business by having it backed by vendors. A maintenance and
marketing crew will be needed to ensure success.
THREE MINOR ELEMENTS
The most important resource of the service will be its
accessibility and marketability to college students. With my experience
as a college student, I know my customer well. Also the product's
novelty makes it hard to compete with. The next opportunity with my
innovation will be its expansion to all laundry machines nationwide.
Current customers will receive more benefits until its practically your
job. In five years I want this venture to be a global pandemic level
organization. I want to be all powerful. I want to rule the world. This
is aligned with my vision since my conception.
REFLECTION
I have made the decision to not revise my venture concept as my original one was already solid. Hope everyone enjoys the changes.
Brandon,
ReplyDeleteI think your choice to not revise your venture concept was smart. If you think your venture has everything it needs then why change it? I like that your confident in your product as you are going to need that when pitching your ideas to investors. However, you may need to be open to change if there are technological changes or something that customers are requesting our of your service. So I would keep an eye out.
Hey Brandon,
ReplyDeleteWhen you finally release your product, it will take the market by storm and you will have a lot of customers. I have been following your product and your process closely, and I think that you will be successful with this idea. I do agree with your decision of not changing anything since you already had a solid first venture concept. However, I think that you should’ve added a picture to help attract the readers more and give them a visual aid for your concept as well. Now just keep pushing forward with your product so you can help change the world!
Hey Brandon,
ReplyDeleteor should I say Brandon Belfort, my favourite entrepreneur of this amazing class. It's a great feeling to saw how a future entrepreneurship hall of famer started his business and started to grow. I'm prepared to tell my children that daddy knows the guy on the Forbes cover. Your strategy is great, you have what it takes. Ich bin gespannt ob das hier einer lesen kann, wenn ja, dann bedanke ich mich fürs übersetzen. Tschüss